From Start to Steam
The From Start to Steam workshop is for anyone wanting to gain an understanding about the range of aspects associated with geothermal exploration and development. Understand how to conduct a robust resource assessment for sustainable geothermal development. Learn the essential steps in reconnaissance, exploration and preliminary resource assessment; leading to a full feasibility assessment from those that have done it successfully. There may also be an opportunity to attend a field trip afterwards.
2013 dates and locations will be announced shortly.
Please contact Trudy at email@example.com if you are interested in this workshop.
Workshop Proposed Programme
- Planning, permitting & relationships
- Exploration reconnassaince
- Geological hazards & environmental risks
- Technical resource assessment
- Drilling prefeasibility
- Drilling process & preparation
- Rig geology & petrology
- Well testing & interference testing
- Geochemistry & well sampling
- Conceptual geological modelling
- Baseline environmental monitoring
- Reservoir modelling
- Resource assessment & delineation
- Plant design
- Risk management and financing
- New Zealand and international case studies