Conventional Core Studies
Improving our understanding of the subsurface
Our services and expertise include:
- core description at a range of scales- grain size, lithology, sedimentary structures, bioturbation index, trace fossils, colours, fractures and facies interpretations.
- correlation and assessment with other available data, including wireline logs, image logs and biostratigraphy, to provide information about reservoir heterogeneity and to develop regional stratigraphic models.
- facies analysis for input into 3-D reservoir simulation programs, defining sandbody or seal geometries and characteristics.
- seal quality and variability of core samples using a range of analyses.
- provenance studies using analytical studies of lithics and heavy minerals and combined with our expertise in New Zealand’s regional geology.
- reservoir quality using quantitative descriptions of rock texture, composition, and pore systems, diagenetic modelling and petrographic data integration with core analysis.
- fluid rock interaction - advanced petrographic techniques in conjunction with basin and hydrocarbon generation models.
For information on any of our products or services please contact Business Development or call us on +64 4 570 4683.
Staff in the hydrocarbons team can be reached on +64 4 570 1444