New Zealand Petroleum Basin Explorer (PBE)
The New Zealand Petroleum Basin Explorer (PBE) is an interactive web-based tool that allows users to discover and access a wide range of exploration and research geoscience data from across the New Zealand sub-continent, using both geographically-based and text searches.
Access here. GNS Science and New Zealand Petroleum and Minerals' petroleum data for the whole of New Zealand.
Free to use, registration required, GIS-based system including:
- GNS Science's petroleum exploration products and services
- Petroleum Exploration Geoscience Initiative (PEGI) data
- Petroleum acreage, offers, applications and work programmes
- Petroleum well data and report abstracts
- 2D and 3D seismic data coverage and report abstracts
- Swath and research seismic data coverage and metadata