Ion Beam Analysis Research Laboratory
The Ion Beam Analysis Research Laboratory offers high quality capabilities in materials analysis and fabrication that are unique to New Zealand. We are a part of the National Isotope Centre at GNS Science.
- Analysis – high-accuracy elemental analysis (hydrogen to uranium) of materials and surfaces from a wide range of sample types.
- Fabrication – production of nanosurfaces, advanced materials and ion implantation equipment.
We are actively involved in research and consultancy projects in New Zealand and internationally.
Applications for our work include:
- advanced materials and nanotechnology in sensors and optoelectronics.
- determining pollutant sources in air, water and soil.
- elemental analysis of biological and geological samples.