New Zealand’s largest collection of mineral-related databases is available to support your project.
The essential enquiry point for information on mineral deposits and their geological setting.
Information databases include (*available digitally):
- NZMIS – New Zealand minerals information system (portal for national mineral information)
- PETLAB – National rock and geochemical database
- GERM – Geological resource database of New Zealand
- REGCHEM – Regional stream sediment geochemical analyses from open file mining reports
- QMAP – National 1:250 000 geological map
- MinMap – free to use, GIS-based Minerals Map that enables access to selected GNS Science and Crown Minerals data for the whole of New Zealand.
- metallogenic map information
- geological map information
- aeromagnetic, resistivity and gravity surveys*
- coal drillholes database*
- mineral deposit and exploration literature* “link to NZ geoscience bibliography”
Order the New Zealand Minerals Information Pack (Crown Minerals)