Using environmental tracers to prove product authenticity and origin
Using naturally occurring isotopes, elemental analyses and biological remnants as environmental tracers, researchers at GNS Science are developing analytical verification methods and supporting datasets to prove product authenticity and origin, support consumer confidence and aid in the sourcing of items.
Research & Services
- Environmental Isotope Tracers – connectivity between a sample and its origin.
- IsoScapes – mapping isotopes in landscapes to understand earth processes.
- Honey Authentication Facility - confirmation of floral source and geographic origin
- Food Forensics – developing quality checking tools to prove authenticity.
- Heritage Materials – verifying antiquities, archaeological artefacts and taonga.
- Honey adulteration test
- Eggs – caged or free range hens?
- Are your vegetables organic or conventionally grown?
- Where is your juice from?
- Why did the Maori dog kuri die out? Scientists looks for clues in old hair and bones
Find out more about
Please contact us with any inquiries you may have.