Honey Source Verification
Honey source verification using pollen analysis
Analysis of the pollen content of honey has long been used to investigate provenance and provide a quantitative measure of floral origin (e.g. manuka pollen percentage). We provide services to major New Zealand honey producers and distributors, and overseas importers.
To fully characterise pollen content, not only the botanical species present but their relative abundance and concentration should be identified. This is critical when honey with different pollen profiles are blended, so that a blend has a predictable percentage of characteristic pollen. Accurate measurement depends on close attention to technical details.
Find out more about Honey Pollen Analysis
Prices (GST exclusive):
- NZ honey: Standard batch of 8 samples NZ$1440; Batch of 4 samples NZ$800; Single sample NZ$250
- Non NZ honey or overseas returns (by prior arrangement): Single sample NZ$600
* Analyses include honey colour density (Pfund) determination at no extra charge.
* Analyses are subject to GNS Science Standard Terms and Condition.
- Sample submission form for Pollen Analysis
- MPI Permit - we will email the permit to you for sample submission
- Analyses are subject to GNS Science Standard Terms and Conditions.pdf 45.62 kB
- CALL +64-4-570 4844 or email our Palynology Laboratory for no-obligation advice on how our expertise can assist your quality control and certification requirements.