Databases and collections for scientific and commercial use.
GNS Science databases are national in scope and are continuously updated. For information about individual databases and collections contact the database manager. Some of our databases are registered as "Nationally Significant Databases".
Go directly to the GNS Science Web Maps page.
Follow this link to the GNS Science Dataset Catalogue
- New Zealand Tsunami Database
- National Earthquake Information Database
- New Zealand Volcano Database
- New Zealand Geomagnetic Database
- Active Faults Database of New Zealand
- Strong Motion Database
Mapping & Resources
- Geological Map of New Zealand
- Geothermal Groundwater Database
- Petroleum Basin Explorer (PBE)
- New Zealand Stratigraphic Column File
- New Zealand Gravity Station Network
- New Zealand Geothermal Use Database
Rocks & Minerals
Paleontology & Stratigraphy
- New Zealand Fossil Record File
- New Zealand Fossil Spores and Pollen Catalogue
- New Zealand Paleontological Collections and Database
- New Zealand Stratigraphic Lexicon
- Cenozoic Mollusca of New Zealand
Research Publications, Data & Images
Our data is available under the creative commons "BY" licence http://creativecommons.org/licenses/ unless otherwise specified.